Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Beetroot Hummus




I'm a foodie and I'm proud of it! For me,every meal should be treat to my eyes and a party in my mouth. I watch a lot of food/cooking related TV shows and nod and sometimes even talk back to the TV.. I tend to have a great relationship with food.When I say food, it's only the food that I like.So the deal-breaker is mostly the veggies; egg plant, beets, bitter-gourd, Cabbage, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower are good examples. 
I shriek at my hubby whenever he picks these veggies at grocery store.It brings me such horrible memories of my parents torturing me to eat them. I'm in my late 20's now guys, it's time I start including them in my diet. Let's do it, one veggie at a time!


I came across a beet dip recipe in Pinterest, I wasn't sure if I would like the dip since it's made of ONLY beets. So I thought I'll roast them up and make hummus out of it. It was indeed treat to my eyes and party in mouth you guys! I just couldn't taste the beet at all!! It's just like the classic hummus, only prettier!Perfect with pita chips, it's sure to please your guests. The recipe is definitely a keeper. Lets get to the recipe already!!

Ingredients
For roasting beets
  1. Beetroot- one small(peeled & roughly chopped)
  2. Oil- 1 tsp
  3. salt & red chili powder or pepper- to taste
For dip
  1. chickpeas- 1 can(skin removed)
  2. garlic cloves-2
  3. yogurt- 2 tbsp
  4. oil- 2 tbsp
  5. salt & red chili powder- to taste
  6. lemon juice-1 tsp
METHOD
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 350deg F .
  2. Coat the beets with oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper/red chili powder.
  3. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 mins.
  4. Once done, add this along with other ingredients under 'for the dip' in a blender.
  5. Puree it until you get a smooth, creamy paste. Do a taste-test and add more salt/red chili powder if required.
  6. Store it in the fridge until you serve it. Enjoy!
TIPS
  • You can serve it cold with pita chips, raw veggies, roasted veggies or can be used as spread or dressing.
  • If you  are finding it tough to puree it into a smooth paste. add a little water.
  • You can also add tahini sauce or some sesame seeds while blending.

What's your take on these veggies? Are you a hater or lover? I think it’s all about cooking them right! Let me know!
XOXO
A beet lover and converter.

Check out our other easy finger food recipes  roasted red pepper hummusbaked pita chips, cucumber tzatziki bites, bread potato rolls

Hearth n Soul Bloghop

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful dip! It's such a gorgeous colour and so healthy too! Pinned :-) Thank you for sharing your Beetroot Hummus with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete

Do you like it? Don't be a silent reader ;) leave a comment

Privacy Policy