Friday, February 6, 2015

Crispy Corn

“Dear Chennai, I am not sure if there is any easier way to say this, but yes ‘I miss you’! I never really thought I will be gone far away to miss you. But here I am, thousands and thousands of miles away and I miss everything about you."
PC : ask.fm
Of course, nothing can quantify how much I miss my family back home.

But there are few other things too that I badly miss – F.R.I.E.N.D.S (what will I even do without them!), getting all dressed up for weddings and other occasions, bumping into someone you know wherever you go, temples, climbing up the St. Thomas hills, The Marina, even the ‘not so great’ roads and super hot summers. I can go on and on about it and you may soon get bored not knowing where I am taking this to. There is literally a story behind everything.

And how can I just not mention the bond that connects us altogether – FOOD which is just sinfully amazing! For a vegetarian like me, you have so many options that you will never know what to pick which is not always the case elsewhere. One such restaurant is my all-time favorite, ‘Barbeque Nation’. I can never get tired of it. Although, the spread is more for a person who prefers meat, it never disappoints the vegetarians!

Of all the dishes, ‘Cajun Spiced Potatoes’ and ‘Crispy Corn’ are my absolute favorites. You don’t know how crazy I am for these. If one of these was a person, I would have by now taken it to Vegas and got married with it (Sorry, husband!).


Ummm.. so these two were haunting my sleep for the last couple of weeks. I JUST HAD TO HAVE IT! India vacation now was not an option so that leaves me with just one thing –  make it myself.

That is the super long story behind these ‘Crispy Corns’! I tried this recipe last week and even if this is not the ‘Barbeque Nation’ original, it was a really close copycat version and I absolutely enjoyed every bite of it. So now, I know how to deal with these little fellows when they haunt me the next time.

Ingredients:

Corn kernels - 2 cups
Corn Flour - 2 tbsp
All Purpose Flour - 2 tbsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp

Oil - Deep frying

Tempering:
Oil - 1 tsp
Garlic - 2 cloves
Green chilli - 2 chopped
Green Onion - 1 finely chopped
Soya Sauce - little less than 1 tsp

Method:

1. In a mixing bowl, add corn, salt, pepper powder and give it a good toss.
2. Add corn flour, all purpose flour and mix well . The amount mentioned is just an approximation. It should be just enough to coat the corns evenly.
3. Heat oil for frying. Once the oil is hot, sprinkle handful of corns and fry them for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Fry them in batches and transfer them to a paper towel to drain the oil.
5. Heat 1 tsp of oil . Add garlic, green chilli,green onion and soya sauce and saute for few seconds.
6. Add fried corns. Mix well so that the sauce blends well with corn.




Crispy corn is now ready to serve.

4 comments:

  1. Very innovative dish. Will try one for sure. Best for snacks I guess. Thank u for the recipe and the share. Keep posting with lots more. I love all your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are perfect as snacks! Thanks Shreya for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. BBQ style!!! wow thanks for sharing this recipe..mouth watering

    ReplyDelete

Do you like it? Don't be a silent reader ;) leave a comment

Privacy Policy