Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Hummus, a dip/spread made from cooked chickpeas/garbanzo beans, originally from Middle East.. 

Hummus, can be served with pita chips/raw veggies/as a spread on bread.. SO versatile!!


Hummus, the creamiest & delicious dip you'll ever come across.

Hummus, you're my favorite..

I can go on about it...

I know, I know... I keep claiming that every dish I make is one of my favorites but you guys, this is something which I wanna have all day..all night.. or until I I'm sick of it




This is something you should make at home because this is significantly tastier than the preservative-laden tub available at store.

This makes a wonderful finger-food for potluck, cocktail parties, girls night, super bowl party.
You can whip this up in a jiffy when you have some unexpected guests.. 





Roasted Red Pepper Hummus As much as I love the classic hummus recipe, this time I thought I'll take it up a notch and add roasted red pepper and the result was don't-mind-triple-dipping kind of delicious.

Ingredient

For roasting red bell pepper
  • 1 Red Bell Pepper
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • salt & pepper, to taste
For dip
  • 1 cup chickpeas, soaked overnight & boiled. you can also use canned.
  • 1 tsp tahini paste
  • 1 tbsp yogurt
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 1/4 th cup cilantro, chopped
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • salt & red chili powder, to taste
  • 1 tsp water 
Note: I removed the skin of every chickpea to achieve the extra creamy texture. It hardly takes 10 minutes and its totally worth it- trust me!! There's no harm in adding the skin, but it won't be as creamy & smooth as the denuded one.
If you don't have tahini paste, you can add sesame seeds with some water or just skip it.
METHOD
  1. Cut the bell pepper into 2 halves, remove the stem & seeds.
  2. Coat them with the oil and place them on the baking sheet. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
  3. Place the baking sheet on the top rack of oven, broil it at 350 degree F for 20 minutes.
  4. Once done, peel the skin off the bell pepper. Add this along with other ingredients under 'for the dip' in a blender.
  5. Blend it until you get a smooth, creamy paste. Do a taste-test and add more salt/red chili powder if required.
  6. Store it in the fridge until you serve it. Drizzle some oil, sprinkle some spices and throw in some chickpeas.
You can serve it cold with pita chips, raw veggies, roasted veggies or can be used as spread or dressing!





 Click here for the recipe of Pita chips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like it? Don't be a silent reader ;) leave a comment

Privacy Policy