Thursday, October 23, 2014

Egg-less Butter Cookies

A cookie monster once said, “Sometimes me thinks, ‘What is a friend?’  And then me say, ‘Friend is someone to share the last cookie with!’ "

 And guess what, not just the last cookie but I made a whole batch of these just for my friends!



 Aww… that’s sweet of me, right? I know! It was a “why not bake a cookie’ kinda day.I was meeting my girls that evening and so it turned out to be “why not bake some cookies for my friends’ kinda day! I hope they liked it as much as I did. 


 It is super easy to make and requires just the basic of ingredients and…. they are egg less. So let’s get started.


Ingredients:

All Purpose Flour : Little less than a cup
Softened Butter: 4 tbsp
Powdered Sugar: 4 tbsp
Vanilla Essence: 2 tsp
Milk: 2 tsp
Frosting of your choice (optional)

Pretty basic ingredients, right? 



Here is how you do it.
(Preheat oven to 350F)

1. Mix butter and flour. Massage the butter through the flour.
2. Add sugar,vanilla essence and gently mix.
3. Form a dough by adding little milk at a time. It did not take more than 2 tsp for me.
4. Make small balls of the dough or flatten the balls and cut out desired shapes with a cookie cutter.
5. Arrange on a greased baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
6. Give these sweethearts some rest for 15-20 minutes.(Now is the time you sneak around and munch on couple of them as taste testing)


Tips: 

1.You can decorate them as you like with your desired frosting/sprinkles.
2. I realized I ran out of vanilla essence while doing my second batch and so substituted it with some vanilla custard mix powder and it did do the trick.
3. Every oven works different, so make sure you keep an eye on them every now and then.

Be sure to check our other cookie recipes:

Custard Cookies
Snickers Peanut Butter Cookies


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like it? Don't be a silent reader ;) leave a comment

Privacy Policy