Thursday, October 2, 2014

DIY No Sew Clutch

Sigh! I know I should not be beginning a blog post with a sigh. But hey, my parents left back home (India) after their two months of vacation in US and it is not even a week but I miss them already. So the sigh!! 

Apart from the regular gifts for friends and family, I wanted to make my own gift to my mom, sister and mom in law. With all the travelling and tourism, I was left with very little time to make something nice for them. So it may not be anything extravagant but it was made with heaps and heaps of love! That is all that matters, right? Right!!

A travel case for my mom to keep her passport, boarding pass and money safe and handy during the travel.


A simple clutch for my darling sister and mom in law!


 I will be sharing the tutorial of the travel case shortly. Meanwhile, here is the tutorial for the clutch.


Things you will need:


1. Fabric - I used 9inx12in felt fabric from Joann for $1.50 each.
2. Duct Tape 
3. Strong Glue
4. Velcro
5. Scissors. 
6. I used an old zipper and a lucky charm for decoration.

Method:

1. Lay the fabric with the wrong side facing up and using the duct tape, form the lining to the fabric.
2. Fold the lower end of the fabric as below and glue the two vertical sides together using a strong glue. I used a hot glue gun!


3. You are almost done.Stick the velcro to the flap and you are done. I missed taking a picture of this step and the clutch is now happily sitting in India. But just to make it clear, I have illustrated just this step with another fabric roughly.Let me know if you need more details in the comments below.

a. I used a 'sticky back' velcro. Stick the two non sticky sides of the velcro (actual velcro part) together.

b. Stick one sticky side to the flap of the clutch and close it wherever you want your other velcro to be placed.

c. Open your clutch making sure the velcro is correctly placed like below


  4. You can decorate the clutch as you like using lucky charms, zippers, old earrings etc!


Check out our other no sew projects and more DIY crafts here.


Linking up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like it? Don't be a silent reader ;) leave a comment

Privacy Policy