Monday, September 15, 2014

Banana Muffins

Today's tiny tale featuring me n my better half...

I loveee muffins....he hates muffins...
I loveee strawberries...he hates strawberries...*what a shame*
He loves egg plant...I hateeee eggplant....
He loves me...I hatee..whaaaa.. I love him to the moon and back.. no doubts..

Everytime I force him to eat a strawberry, he wants me to promise him that I would eat eggplant whenever its made. Truce!  Few days back when I baked blueberry muffins,to my surprise he did eat  a couple of them without me pestering. *epic win*

So, this time I wanted to try banana muffin mostly cos the bananas were over ripe. You know that the muffins are awesome when you literally have to snatch the jar from your husband's hand to stop him from eating all at once. Yea.. THAT good!! 

Seriously you guys these muffins are cinch to make and you can have them for breakfast, snacks, dessert.. Since it has banana in it I think its breakfast appropriate.. This is the best you can make out of over ripe bananas, close second is banana ice cream




Ingredients
makes 12 muffins

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour/ whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
3 large bananas
1 egg (optional)
1/3 cup oil/melted butter

Method

  • Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Spray the muffin pan with non-stick spray.
  • In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt.Set aside
  • In another add banana and mash mash mash. Add sugar,oil and egg(if using) and mix well
  • Add the flour mixture & mix until just combined. Scoop the batter into muffin pan. 
  • Bake for 20-25 mins or until tooth pick inserted comes out with few crumbs.
  • Let these dudes cool down for 5 mins. They have gone through a lot!!
  • Transfer them to wire rack and let them chill for more time.



  • Enjoy with a tall glass of milk!! 
Psstt... you should totally slather these dudes with peanut butter and enjoy ;)

linking this post to

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting how people can come round to different flavours - my husband never liked cooked tomatoe sauces when I first met him and now he eats them quite regularly - and even says he enjoys them! Your Banana Muffins look really delicious - there's nothing like a tasty banana muffin for breakfast or a snack. Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete

Do you like it? Don't be a silent reader ;) leave a comment

Privacy Policy