Friday, April 4, 2014

Chicago Food Bloggers dinner at Mezcalina Restaurant


I was so excited to attend my first Chicago Food Bloggers event recently at Mezcalina, an upscale Mexican restaurant in the Lakeshore East area of Chicago. It was such a great experience from the moment I walked in the door, greeted with gentle smile of welcome, socializing with the fellow food bloggers, food & drinks of course!

The restaurant looks more like an art gallery with their walls filled with amazing Oaxacan paintings and sculptures.


Our dinner began with freshly made guacamole & margarita.


 

The food & cocktails were presented so well, I just couldn't stop clicking pictures! 

 
Top left - ACAPULCO DE DIA
Top right - PINATA
Bottom left - MARGARITA MEZCALINA
Bottom right - CHAMOYADA

Chamoyada was my favorite, for all mango lovers this is for you! A close second was Pinata, so tropical! I felt like I was vacationing in Puerto Rico.

A wide range of options for Vegetarian/Vegan palate.
My favorite was the grilled corn which had right amount of cheese and spice. Really a showstopper!

These are the most scrumptious vegetarian enchiladas on earth!
 
 Lovely array of non-vegetarian dishes
Though I didn't personally try these dishes, I can say that octopus was crowd's favorite! 

 
Finally my favorite part of Mexican meal! DESSERTS

Overall, it was a great experience! I can't wait to take my friends there. See you soon Mezcalina!

A huge thanks to Daniela & Ricardo (2 views,1 life) for hosting a great dinner.

Happy weekend guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like it? Don't be a silent reader ;) leave a comment

Privacy Policy