Thursday, February 27, 2014

DIY Desk Organizer

Does your desk look like a crime scene or like it has been ransacked? My desk always looks like one and I am definitely not proud of it. I cannot say I am totally a messy person but yes; I can definitely be better organized which is in fact my New Year 2014 resolution. An organized home doesn’t exactly be a picture perfect home and clutter is definitely not a character defect. If only organizing our home was as easy as pinning the organization ideas and tips on Pinterest to our boards... Sigh :( :( ! So let us start with simple organizing ideas which could collectively make a huge difference. Last week, I had posted a simple earring organizer which I am glad many of you liked. Thanks for all the sweet responses which made me come up with the desk organizer for this week. Are you ready? Here we go...




Supplies Required:

1. Empty Tissue Rolls
2. Cardboard box 
3. Gift Wrapper or even magazine papers
4. Hot glue gun or super glue.
5. Shoe box lid or any thick cardboard.

    Method :

    1. Cut the empty tissue rolls to appropriate size.Cut the flap of the
        cardboard box.You can even cut your cereal box to the size you want.



     2. Wrap the cardboard box and the rolls using gift wrappers of your choice.


     3. Use hot glue gun or super glue and glue 4 rolls as shown.


     4. Repeat the same for the other 4 rolls. It is not a rule that you should use only 
         8 rolls and follow this pattern. This is totally up to you.


     5. Glue one set to one side of the cardboard box and the other four to the      
         other side.
     6. Glue a thick card board or a shoe box lid wrapped with the gift paper to
         the base so you can move your organizer when you need without having 
         to disturb the pens and other supplies in it.

         Your desk organizer is now ready.


    I am using my organizer to hold my pens,sharpies, my eye glasses, scissors and
    few other craft supplies. You can also use them to hold your mails or even your make up brushes and other accessories. 

    I came across this image while browsing today and the timing could not be more perfect. ROFL ! Am I right ??!?



    Do check our simple earring holder using photo frame here.
    
    Let us know if you would like to receive more organization tips like these

    Linking this post to 


The 36th Avenue

7 comments:

  1. These e-cards are so true! I have to keep myself from becoming a hoarder everyday. I love your project. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa ! Yeah, I just couldn't help not sharing the e-card. Many of us could relate to it so much ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just threw away a bunch of toilet paper rolls! I wasn't ready for such an awesome organizer. Thanks for sharing with Countdown in Style. Now time to restock rolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) You never know when even toilet paper rolls could get handy, lol ;)

      Delete
  4. I just couldn't help not sharing the e-card. Many of us could relate to it so much. No matter which method you choose, these accessory organizer  definitely helps you to reduce the space usage. Once again great post man! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and your magnetic gallery looks great too. Cheers

      Delete
  5. Good ideas you have here. This will help you become more productive. I'm sure this'll be helpful for UP Technohub. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Do you like it? Don't be a silent reader ;) leave a comment

Privacy Policy